This page contains a searchable database of information about courses that are run by BECTU for our members, including:
Courses for BECTU members who are union representatives or branch officers (these courses are free)
Vocational and professional development courses for BECTU members (there is a fee for these courses)
- Union reps part 2: How to Represent your Members
- Everybody needs help at work sometime - this course will show you how to support and represent your fellow BECTU members effectively both as individuals and collectively. You will also be fully accredited to represent people at formal hearings as required by legislation.
- West End Theatre IT Word Fundamentals
- A fundamental guide to using Word.
- Writing For The Web
- It is currently estimated that at least 7 out of every 10 purchases begins with a Google search. As Google’s algorithms continue to develop, it’s becoming more difficult to predict what will rank well, but it’s only the businesses (or people) that rank well that will be found in the search process. One thing we do know is that Google values the customer experience, promoting interesting and relevant content over sales pages and product descriptions. In other words, the more content you can offer your customers on your website, the more likely you are to be rewarded with high rankings and more website visits