This page contains a searchable database of information about courses that are run by BECTU for our members, including:
Courses for BECTU members who are union representatives or branch officers (these courses are free)
Vocational and professional development courses for BECTU members (there is a fee for these courses)
- Defined Contribution Scheme Governance
- This course is provided for members and representatives who are interested in playing an active role in monitoring and improving the performance of their employer’s defined contribution pension scheme provider.
- Drones Training Kate
- A course for drone trainers
- Drone Training Rachel
- This is a introduction to using drones and the legislation that you need to be aware of when flying this equipment.
- Emergency First Aid in the Office and Studio
- The course is a 1-day introduction to first aid essentials in the work environment. The course is delivered by Lazarus Training who have wide experience of work in the Creative Sectors.
- Euroscript Screenwriting
- Bring your work along to Euroscript’s 3 hour Drop-In Project Development Workshops at BECTU. Whatever stage you’re at with your project or script. From intitial idea to finished script receive constructive criticism and help to develop it further. You’ll improve your writing, story assessment and editing skills by giving feedback to other writers with our professional script consultant leading the workshop.
- Excel for Beginners
This is the one of several IT courses, BECTU now run to cater for West End staff. This essential course will focus on Excel.
- Finance for Freelancers. London
This one-day course will provide a comprehensive guide to making a success of the business side of your freelance career.
Tutor: David Thomas
- First Aid at Work
- A three day course in first aid at work including the first day, emergency first aid at work.
- Floor Runners Bootcamp
- The Floor Runners Bootcamp is an intensive-crash-course training day set up by industry professionals to offer essential pragmatic training in how to be a top Floor Runner in the film and television industry.
- FOCUS training
- Freelancers operating in challenging and uncertain situations (FOCUS training for short)is a one day training course designed to help production workers assess whether they are at risk when agreeing to take a production job abroad, or a job which presents higher risks than normal.