This page contains a searchable database of information about courses that are run by BECTU for our members, including:
Courses for BECTU members who are union representatives or branch officers (these courses are free)
Vocational and professional development courses for BECTU members (there is a fee for these courses)
- City & Guilds Accredited Temporary Electrical Systems - NA7909-1
- If you have already completed the Creative Skillset course and hold a copy of your certificate, you only need do this practical one day assessment as the existing Skillset certificate counts as accredited prior learning.
- Creative Skillset Certificate in Temporary Electrical Installations (BS7909)
- The Skillset Certificate in Temporary Electrical Sysytems (SCiTES) has been created for all of those working with temporary power, particularly (but not exclusively) in the broadcast/film, theatre, festivals, shows and exhibition industries.
- Drones Training Kate
- A course for drone trainers
- Drone Training Rachel
- This is a introduction to using drones and the legislation that you need to be aware of when flying this equipment.
- Excel for Beginners
This is the one of several IT courses, BECTU now run to cater for West End staff. This essential course will focus on Excel.
- Three day City & Guilds Accredited Temporary Electrical Systems - NA7909-3
- The new NAPIT NA7909(3) is a City & Guilds accredited training programme that replaces the old Skillset Certificate in Temporary Electrical Systems (SCiTES). The course has been created for all of those working with temporary power, particularly (but not exclusively) in the broadcast/film, theatre, festivals, shows and exhibition industries.
- West End Theatre IT Word Fundamentals
- A fundamental guide to using Word.