This page contains a searchable database of information about courses that are run by BECTU for our members, including:
Courses for BECTU members who are union representatives or branch officers (these courses are free)
Vocational and professional development courses for BECTU members (there is a fee for these courses)
- Adobe After Effects Intro. London
- A one day hands on introductory course. This course will give you a well-rounded overview of After Effects and is full of short practical exercises such as basic stills animation, tracking, keying and animating text.
- Adobe Premiere Intermediate. London
This one day course will benefit those who already possess the basics of Adobe Premiere Pro and would like a more extensive understanding of motion graphic editing.
During the course we will look one-step beyond the simple cutting tools and focus on a number of features within the software
- Adobe Premiere Intro. London
- This 1 day course will suit those with limited editing experience as well as those people transferring from Final Cut Pro. During the day we will cover editing, transition, text, audio and encoding to a basic operational level only. By the end of the day you will have edited two small video packages (documentary / film etc.) We will also discuss issues around formats and codecs.
- Barbering Skills for Afro & Asian Hair, London - 2 Days
- Beyond Redundancy - setting up as a sole trader
- For creative people going through redundancy and wanting to set up a business of their own.
- Build A Website In A Day. London
Build A Website In A Day
For many freelancers and sole traders, the idea of having a website feels like a luxury, and an expensive one at that. Many will even question whether they need to have a website, but in almost all cases the answer is yes. People are online right now looking for products, services and providers, if you’re not there to be found they’re spending their money with someone else. This workshop will show you how in the space of one day, you can go from having a business, to having an online business, allowing you to be putting your services in front of customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Creative Industries Safety Passport Health & Safety Course
- The Creative Industries Safety Passport is a one day Health & safety course designed for freelance and employed workers. It is a creative industries bespoke course.
- Emergency First Aid in the Office and Studio
- The course is a 1-day introduction to first aid essentials in the work environment. The course is delivered by Lazarus Training who have wide experience of work in the Creative Sectors.
- Euroscript Screenwriting
- Bring your work along to Euroscript’s 3 hour Drop-In Project Development Workshops at BECTU. Whatever stage you’re at with your project or script. From intitial idea to finished script receive constructive criticism and help to develop it further. You’ll improve your writing, story assessment and editing skills by giving feedback to other writers with our professional script consultant leading the workshop.
- Finance for Freelancers. London
This one-day course will provide a comprehensive guide to making a success of the business side of your freelance career.
Tutor: David Thomas