1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem at some point in their life. Even so most of us know very little about mental health. There is lots of evidence to prove that early intervention can help slow down or stop a mental health problem, yet we often don't spot the signs that someone is struggling until very late.
This Mental Health First Aid course will teach you to recognise the early signs of a mental health problem, and give you the confidence and knowledge to help.
What you will learn on the course:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Please note this course is only open to BECTU members.