The BECTU Vision project is focused on delivering training opportunities to the freelance film and TV workforce based and working in Scotland. We would love to hear from you if you have any suggestions for courses you think would be useful to you, your department, and the wider industry. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback or comments.
BECTU Vision offers training for film and TV freelances in Scotland.
Key criteria: in the main, these courses are open to applications from working professionals both living and working in Scotland. Most courses are free.
Those selected to take part will be subject to payment of a £50 late notice cancellation/no show fee. Courses places are precious so only book if you are committed to taking part. Priority is given to BECTU members. Queries about BECTU Vision should be addressed to Alison Goring, project manager.
HSE Approved First Aid at Work
The course provides the recommended training necessary to administer first aid within the workplace. Students will learn how to assess and manage a diverse range of scenarios, from resuscitation to dealing with work place hazards. On successful completion of an assessment, the student will be awarded with a Health & Safety Executive (HSE) Approved, First Aid at Work Certificate of competence, which is valid for 3 years.
Who is this course for:
This course is open to everyone working in film and television production in Scotland, regardless of department or position.
- Applicants should be available and actively seeking work in this field - this course is not available to full time students.
- Applicants should be based in Scotland.
- Priority will be given to BECTU members.
The Health & Safety Executive detail in the Health & Safety (first-aid) Regulations 1981, Approved Code of Practice and Guidance that candidates selected to be ‘first aiders’ must demonstrate:
- Reliability, disposition and communication skills
- Aptitude and ability to absorb new knowledge and learn new skills.
- The ability to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedures.
- Normal duties. These should be such that they may be left to go immediately and rapidly to an emergency.
- To apply for First Aid at Work simply click this link for more information and an online application.
- If you have any queries or would prefer a hard copy application form please email us at email@example.com
- Please only apply if you are able to attend ALL of the dates.
- Applications will be assessed based on suitability for the course. In the event of over subscription, participants will be selected at random from all eligible candidates.
- Places are provided free of charge although successful applicants who cancel with less than 24 hours' notice, or do not attend on the day will be subject to a £50 cancellation fee
And the course is free….!
- Finance for Freelancers
- Marketing & Networking for Freelancers
- Script editing with John Yorke
- Introduction to Excel
- Hit the Ground Running
You can register your interest in attending any of these courses by leaving your details here and we will ensure you know when they're open for applications.
These courses are funded by Scottish Union Learning and Development Funds. This training is brought to you by BECTU ~ promoting Union Learning.
To make sure you hear about future training opportunities and news subscribe to the BECTU Vision mailing list HERE
Questions about training courses offered through BECTU Vision should be addressed to Alison Goring, project manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last page update 13 November 2017.