9 July 2019
Applications are invited for BECTU Vision Learning Co-ordinator based at BECTU's Glasgow office. This is a fixed term contract.
BECTU Vision Learning Co-ordinator
- Fixed term contract until 31.03.2021 (with the possibility of a new contract beyond)
- £29,942 - £35,752
- Base, Glasgow
Prospect is a trade union representing over 140,000 professional, technical and managerial staff in a range of occupations across the public and private sectors – arts, broadcasting, defence, energy, engineering, entertainment, environment, government, media, science and telecommunications. We employ around 230 staff, many in our London headquarters, but also in our offices in the English regions, in Wales and in Scotland.
BECTU is the biggest sector of Prospect, and covers those working in broadcasting, film, theatre, entertainment, communications and digital media. The sector plays an important role in representing and promoting the best interests of the industry’s workforce.
We are currently seeking to engage a Project Co-ordinator to support the Project Managers in running this dynamic project. The post will be based in Glasgow. We promote a flexible working environment and will accept applications for part time working, job sharing and will consider other requests for flexibility; some flexibility in hours worked may occasionally be required to meet the needs of the learning programme.
What the role entails
- Co-ordinate the project in line with Funder’s requirements and Union practices
- Undertake office administration as required to support the Project Managers include the upkeep and maintenance of office systems and financial records
- Organise and support training course and event delivery including: booking rooms and facilities, printing of training materials, setting up of training rooms including ICT equipment, arranging travel and accommodation, catering and registering of learners as necessary
- Ensure that the project complies with General Data Protection Regulations
- Supporting Project Managers with preparation of reports and presentations
- Setting up and maintenance of online booking, monitoring and marketing systems for learning activities and events. This includes drafting marketing copy for courses and promoting through the various digital platforms such as SurveyMonkey, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, BECTU Vision website, Twitter & Facebook
- Source and produce practical marketing and promotional materials for the learning project e.g Pop-up banners, bags, stationery, flyers etc
- Undertake personal and professional learning and development appropriate to the role
- Support and promote union campaigns more broadly
- Undertake additional duties appropriate to the grade
Please email email@example.com for further details or an application pack.
Applications must be received by NOON Monday 29th July 2019