24 June 2019
Applications are invited for a Senior Executive Assistant based at Prospect's Liverpool office. This is a permanent contract.
Senior Executive Assistant
- Permanent contract
- £29,942 to £35,752
- Base, Liverpool
Prospect is a trade union representing over 140,000 professional, technical and managerial staff in a range of occupations across the public and private sectors – arts, broadcasting, defence, energy, engineering, entertainment, environment, government, media, science and telecommunications. We employ around 230 staff, many in our London headquarters, but also in our offices in the English regions, in Wales and in Scotland.
BECTU is the biggest sector of Prospect, and covers those working in broadcasting, film, theatre, entertainment, communications and digital media. The sector plays an important role in representing and promoting the best interests of the industry’s workforce.
Prospect is seeking to recruit a Senior Executive Assistant to support the National Secretary and negotiations team based in our Liverpool office. This is a permanent position and your core working week will be 35 hours. You will need to have a positive attitude, excellent attention to detail and good organisational skills to ensure the highest level of service is provided to Prospect Members and to the team around you.
Specifically, the applicants should have:
- Extensive experience of administrative processes including the taking and production of formal meeting minutes
- Experience of engaging and managing the expectations of stakeholders
- Experience of managing an office (dealing with Landlords and contractors)
- Experience of streamlining processes and implementing/managing change
- The ability to prioritise conflicting workloads and to adapt to changing priorities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, working with a high degree of accuracy and close attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills with the ability to analyse, interpret and present data including stats
- A skilled user of Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to use databases
- Ability to use digital tools and channels e.g. social media
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with differing levels of external management/employers
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, meeting individual and team deadlines
- Ability to motivate others and to use own initiative and problem solve
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Focus on customer service
- An understanding of GDPR requirements and the need to exercise confidentiality
- Team worker who has had experience in supervising/supporting EAs
- Knowledge and understanding of trade unions
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or an application pack.
Applications must be received by NOON Friday 15th July 2019