4 March 2019
Applications are invited for a Pensions Research Officer based at Prospect's Waterloo office. This is a permanent contract.
Pensions Research Officer
- Permanent contract
- 35 hours per week - £48,519 - £57,933
- Base, Waterloo
Prospect is a trade union representing over 140,000 professional, technical and managerial staff in a range of occupations across the public and private sectors – arts, broadcasting, defence, energy, engineering, entertainment, environment, government, media, science and telecommunications. We employ around 230 staff, many in our London headquarters, but also in our offices in the English regions, in Wales and in Scotland.
BECTU is the biggest sector of Prospect, and covers those working in broadcasting, film, theatre, entertainment, communications and digital media. The sector plays an important role in representing and promoting the best interests of the industry’s workforce.
Prospect is looking for an experienced pensions professional to provide advice and negotiating support to our team of field officials.
You will need to:
- Have a good knowledge of pensions policy and practice across the public and private sectors.
- Be able to advise both on Defined Benefit schemes and the development of Defined Contribution provision.
- Provide thought leadership on pensions policy.
- Develop and deliver presentations and training.
- Want to make the world of work better for everyone through promoting membership and the values of the trade union movement.
Employee Benefits include:
- 33 days leave on entry in addition to bank/public holidays
- a contributory defined benefit pension scheme with an employer contribution of 14.9%
- 3% incremental steps on basic salary at 1 January each year subject to successful performance in the role and the maximum of the grade
- access to training to support career development plus many other benefits
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or an application pack.
Applications must be received by Noon Friday, 22 March 2019.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held throughout the day on Thursday 4th April 2019.