22 October 2010
The Health and Safety Executive says that good worker involvement in health and safety improves safety performance and can also lead to better productivity and higher levels of workforce motivation.
Take this chance to network with others who care as much about safety as you do - BBC Safety Team
To find out how worker involvement can be developed further at the BBC take part in the Safety Awareness Day which BBC Safety is organising on Thursday 9 December at Television Centre in London.
Staff and freelances
The event, which is free of charge, is open to all staff and freelances who work at the BBC and have an interest in health and safety. To take part, please register by 8 November.
What's on offer?
- Hear best practice and learn valuable tips and skills for successful worker involvement in your teams;
- Learn how BBC safety online tools can help safety reps and managers work successfully together;
- Contribute to a Q&A on worker involvement at the BBC;
- Pick up information about further training & guidance to improve worker involvement.
Speakers will include representatives from the HSE; leading trainers in the field of worker involvement; key BBC management and union representatives.
Who is it for?
Managers, safety reps and anyone who works at the BBC who is interested in getting involved. All are welcome, including freelances.
What else do I need to know?
- It is a ticket only event, so pre-registration is essential, please apply by 8 November using this form;
- This is a free training event;
- BBC staff will require line manager approval to attend;
- A buffet lunch will be provided.
When: Thursday 9 Dec 2010
Registration: BBC Television Centre, main reception at 9:30am
Sessions run: 10:00am – 4:15pm
Where: Meeting Rooms 4&5, 6th floor Conference Suite, Main Block, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane W12 7RJ
Tickets: Send your pre-registration form to email@example.com
Enquiries: 0370 411 0464 (int x 0464) (Safety Advice Line) .
BECTU members who plan to attend are asked to contact Anna Murray, national official, to let her know; Anna can also offer advice to members who are interested in getting more involved with health and safety issues.