BECTU's news stories reflect the range of our activity. Our postings also reflect our wide industry interests and our position as part of the trade union movement in the UK and abroad. Our news archive can be accessed here.
- 2 July 2015 National Theatre members back 2% pay deal
- Members taking part in a house meeting at the National Theatre has given their backing to a 2% pay deal, backdated to April 2015, underpinned by the London Living Wage.
- 2 July 2015 New pay deal at Kings Place
- Staff on the lowest hourly rate at the Kings Place arts venue in London's Kings Cross will see their pay increase by 4.5% following talks with their union BECTU.
- 2 July 2015 BBC cuts: BECTU will oppose compulsory redundancies
- The BBC's proposals for substantial cuts to its middle management and professional support teams centre on the principles of 'simplification' and 'standardisation'.
- 24 June 2015 Find Your Future 2015: summer event for apprentices and trainees
- New entrants seeking apprenticeship and trainee opportunities in the creative sectors need to take part in Find Your Future 2015. Openings in film, TV, theatre and live events will be the focus of the day's programme.
- 19 June 2015 Malcolm McDowell re-thinks visit to EIFF
- It has been confirmed today that actor/producer Malcolm McDowell has cancelled his plans to speak at the Edinburgh International Film Festival.
- 17 June 2015 BECTU backs People's Assembly & Pride 2015
There are two marches in London over the coming weekends where BECTU's banner will be on parade. First up we'll be joining thousands of other protesters demonstrating against the government's continuing programme of public spending cuts.
Then we'll be marching in support of LGBT campaigners at Pride in London 2015 on the 30th anniversary of the founding of Lesbians and Gays Support the Miners being founded.
- 17 June 2015 BECTU pursues feature film over offers of unpaid work
- Producers of a ‘British Zombie Feature Film’ are being pursued by BECTU for advertising a number of unpaid roles.
- 16 June 2015 BBC: Love it or Lose It!
BECTU is one of the main organisations behind a new campaign in support of BBC Charter Renewal and a fair licence fee settlement.
- 14 June 2015 Three-year pay deal on Disney's Lion King
- Technical staff working on Disney's Lion King at London's Lyceum Theatre have unanimously backed a pay deal which provides a 12% increase over three years.
- 10 June 2015 Freelancers’ Fair 2015: great sessions make for record attendance
- The Freelancers’ Fair – a key ideas and careers event for film and TV workers organised by BECTU – proved a great success in its 10th year on its return to Ravensbourne.