The fight continues for staff at Picturehouse cinemas, who are demanding the living wage.
The Living Staff Living Wage campaign began in 2014 where the Ritzy won a 26% pay rise and an agreement to re-negotiate towards the Living Wage in June 2016. The company back-tracked on this agreement and refuse to negotiate at all.
Picturehouse staff are requesting:
- The official Living Wage in London, set by the Living Wage Foundation, of £9.75 an hour, with the outer London rate set at £8.45 an hour
- Recognition of the BECTU sector of Prospect at Picturehouse locations in Brighton (Duke of Yorks), Central London, Crouch End, East Dulwich and Hackney
- Fair pay rises for supervisors, managers, chefs, sound technicians and projectionists
- Company sick pay for all staff
- Company maternity/paternity/adoption pay