- New National Minimum Wage rates from 1 October
Rates for the national minimum wage are introduced today. If you're a new entrant, or otherwise dependant on the statutory rules, make sure you're being paid correctly. ACAS helplines are referred to below but of course BECTU members can also seek help from their offiical.
- What does the Chancellor's 2016 budget mean for BECTU members?
Following George Osborne's budget on 16 March 2016, Tony Lennon, BECTU's research officer, highlights upcoming changes to tax and related areas, of particular interest to BECTU members.
- Briefing for crew on River City
Update for members re terms and conditions and working arrangements on River City. (Posted on behalf of Paul McManus, Scotland officer).
- Is Miss World 2014 aware that unpaid labour is being recruited to the contest?
The controversy over employers' use of unpaid labour continues and this time the Miss World contest has been drawn into the debate.
- PACT/BECTU draft agreement: nothing more important than unity
Tom Bell gives an initial report on the meeting (12 October 2014) of freelance branch reps called to discuss the draft PACT/BECTU film agreement.