- Government publishes draft regs on tax changes affecting self-employed
Tony Lennon, research officer, writes on the government's draft regulations on tax changes affecting the self-employed. Please read!
- What does the Autumn Statement mean for BECTU members?
The Chancellor announced a wide range of tax changes in last week's Autumn Statement - some were predictable thanks to leaks or various consultations in the last year, while others were unexpected. Tony Lennon, BECTU's research officer explores the effect of the changes on BECTU members.
- New National Minimum Wage rates from 1 October
Rates for the national minimum wage are introduced today. If you're a new entrant, or otherwise dependant on the statutory rules, make sure you're being paid correctly. ACAS helplines are referred to below but of course BECTU members can also seek help from their offiical.
- What does the Chancellor's 2016 budget mean for BECTU members?
Following George Osborne's budget on 16 March 2016, Tony Lennon, BECTU's research officer, highlights upcoming changes to tax and related areas, of particular interest to BECTU members.
- Briefing for crew on River City
Update for members re terms and conditions and working arrangements on River City. (Posted on behalf of Paul McManus, Scotland officer).