Preparations are underway for BECTU's 2016 annual conference. This year also marks the union's 25th birthday.
Union reps supporting staff and freelance members across the creative sector will come together for annual conference in 2016 on Saturday 14 May.
We'll be returning to the Floral Hall, Devonshire Park Centre, Eastbourne, on Saturday 14 May. Some divisional conferences will be scheduled to take place in Eastbourne on Sunday 15 May.
These will be attached to this page for download by BECTU members (subject to login). Documents currently available are:
Conference Document 1 which sets out initial information on conference arrangements and includes forms for the submission of propositions and for the nomination of representatives to the Standing Orders Committee, Appeals Committee and Trustees for 2016-2017.
Conference Document 2 sets out further important information on conference arrangements with a reminder of deadlines. Also included in the reps mailing will be confirmation of branch delegate entitlements and official forms for the registration of delegates.
Conference Document 3 sets out propositions accepted and rejected by the SOC. (Standing Orders Committee).
Conference Document 3 sets out accepted and rejected amendments to propositions and confirms the names of those members who will serve as trustees, appeal committee representatatives and on the Standing Orders Committee for 2016-17.
Key dates in the run up to annual conference:
- Friday 8 January: release of Conference Document 2 with branch membership numbers and delegate nomination forms (a form for preferences for workshop sessions at conference will also be included).
- Wednesday 10 February: closing date (by 12 noon) for receipt of policy propositions.
- Monday 15 February : release of Conference Document 3 containing propositions and forms for the submission of amendments to propositions, and the NEC’s preliminary annual report for branch consideration.
- Wednesday 16 March: closing date (by 12 noon) for receipt of amendments to propositions and for nominations to the Standing Orders Committee, Appeals Committee and Trustees for 2016-2017.
- Wednesday 6 April: closing date for branches to notify details of their delegates to ensure accommodation and travel arrangements (note this deadline is a hotel accommodation requirement).
- Wednesday 20 April: printed conference agenda will be sent to notified delegates and to branches.
- Wednesday 27 April: delegates notified of hotel accommodation.
- Saturday 14 May: Annual Conference Eastbourne.
For reference, the union's rules can be viewed here.
All enquiries about conference arrangements should be sent to Tracey Hunt, administrative officer.
Last page update 22 April 2016.