Preparations are well underway for BECTU's 2015 annual conference.
Union reps supporting staff and freelance members across the creative sector will come together for annual conference on Saturday 9 May 2015.
We'll be returning to the Floral Hall, Devonshire Park Centre, Eastbourne, on Saturday 9 May. Some divisional conferences will be scheduled to take place in Eastbourne on Sunday 10 May.
These will be attached to this page for download by BECTU members (subject to login). Documents currently available are:
Conference Document 1 which sets out initial information on conference arrangements and includes forms for the submission of propositions and for the nomination of representatives to the Standing Orders Committee, Appeals Committee and Trustees for 2015-2016.
Conference Document 2 which sets out further important information on conference arrangements with a reminder of deadlines. Also included in the reps mailing was confirmation of branch delegate entitlements and official forms for the registration of delegates. All these documents are attached to this page.
Conference Document 3 which sets out propositions accepted and rejected by the SOC. (Standing Order Committee).
Key dates in the run up to annual conference:
- Monday 12 January: release of Conference Document 2 with branch membership numbers and delegate nomination forms (a form for preferences for workshop sessions at conference will also be included);
- Wednesday 28 January: closing date (by 12 noon) for receipt of policy propositions;
- Friday 30 January: release of Conference Document 3 containing propositions and forms for the submission of amendments to propositions, and the NEC’s preliminary annual report for branch consideration;
- Wednesday 11 March: closing date (by 12 noon) for receipt of amendments to propositions and for nominations to the Standing Orders Committee, Appeals Committee and Trustees for 2015-2016;
- Friday 27 March: closing date for branches to notify details of their delegates to ensure accommodation and travel arrangements (note this deadline is a hotel accommodation requirement); delegates' workshop preferences should also be indicated;
- Friday 17 April: printed conference agenda will be sent to notified delegates and to branches;
- Saturday 9 May:Annual Conference Eastbourne.
For reference, the union's rules can be viewed here.
All enquiries about conference arrangements should be sent to Tracey Hunt, administrative officer.
Last page update 10 February 2015.