Annual conference delegates will come together on Saturday 17 May 2014.
BECTU's 2014 Annual Conference (which includes a review of the union's rules) will take place at the Floral Hall, Devonshire Park Centre, Eastbourne on Saturday 17 May.
Conference will conclude with the results of the president and NEC elections for the 2014-2016 term. Nominations opened on 10 January 2014.
(Some divisional conferences are scheduled to take place in Eastbourne on Sunday 18 May).
Attached to this page for download by BECTU members are:
Conference Document 3 sets out proposed rule changes and motions to conference accepted by the Standing Orders Committee (SOC). The document also lists those proposals rejected by the SOC. Branches have the option to submit amendments to the proposals/motions accepted for the conference agenda. The forms which branches should use for this purpose are included in the document. Proposed amendments should be returned by Weds 19 March 2014.
Conference Document 2 which provides more information on conference arrangements including requirements for the registration of delegates (and non-delegates) and advice on travel. Also attached to this page are the official forms branches should use to register delegates and non-delegates. NB: the deadline for registration is Weds 9 April 2014.
Conference Document 1 which provides a comprehensive overview of arrangements for the 2014 event together with the forms reps should use to:
propose a rule change (deadline 12 noon, 5 February 2014)propose a policy proposition (deadline 12 noon, 5 February 2014)
nominate a trustee (deadline 12 noon, 19 March 2014)
nominate to the appeals committee (deadline 12 noon, 19 March 2014)
nominate to the standing orders committee (deadline 12 noon, 19 March 2014).
All conference documents are sent by post to branch secretaries; reps can also log in to the website to access the documents here which will be updated as the timetable progresses.
For reference, the union's rules can be viewed here.
Key dates in the run up to conference 2014:
- Wednesday 8 January 2014: Conference Document 2 with branch membership numbers and delegate nomination forms, (including preferences for workshop sessions at conference)
- Wednesday 5 February 2014: Closing date for receipt of rule changes & policy propositions, by 12 noon
- Monday 10 February 2014: Conference Document 3 contains proposed rule changes, propositions, and the NEC’s preliminary annual report for branch consideration and forms for amendments.
- Wednesday 19 March 2014: Closing date for receipt of amendments to proposed rule changes and propositions, and for submitting nominations to the Standing Orders Committee, Appeals Committee and Trustees for 2014-2015, by 12 noon
- Wednesday 9 April 2014: Closing date for branches to notify details of their delegates in order to ensure accommodation and travel arrangements (note this deadline is a hotel accommodation requirement)
- Wednesday 23 April 2014: Printed conference Agenda sent to notified delegates and to branches
- Saturday 17 May 2014: Rules Revision and Annual Conference Eastbourne
All enquiries about conference arrangements should be sent to Tracey Hunt, administrative officer email@example.com
Last page update 18 February 2014.