Standing Orders Committee
The Standing Orders Committee (SOC) is responsible for preparing and submitting to the BECTU Annual Conference the agenda and standing orders for regulating proceedings.
It also prepares the timetable of dates for such matters as the submission and amendment of propositions (motions) put forward by Branches for consideration of the Conference.
SOC can combine propositions and amendments of similar intention - also known as compositing.
The members of the SOC for the 2008 Rules Revision and Annual Conference are:
- Lorraine Dance - BBC Marketing & Communications Branch (BBC Division)
- Albey George - Property Branch (London Production Division)
- Andy Love - Post Production & Facilities Branch (London Production Division)
- Turlough MacDaid - Edinburgh Theatres Branch (Arts and Entertainment Division)
- Mike Wilson - BBC Belfast General Branch (BBC Division)