Standing Orders CommitteeThe Standing Orders Committee (SOC) is responsible for preparing and submitting to the BECTU Annual Conference the agenda and standing orders for regulating proceedings.
It also prepares the timetable of dates for such matters as the submission and amendment of propositions (motions) put forward by Branches for consideration of the Conference.
SOC can combine propositions and amendments of similar intention - also known as compositing.The members of the SOC for the 2006 Annual Conference are:
- Winnie Lowes - Northern Freelance Branch (Regional Production Division)
- John Gray - Scottish Freelance Branch (Regional Production Division)
- Lorraine Dance - BBC London Services Branch (BBC Division)
- Albey George - Property branch (London Production Division)
- Turlough MacDaid - Edinburgh Theatres Branch (Arts and Entertainment Division)