Annual conference delegates will come together on Saturday 17 May 2014.
BECTU's 2014 Annual Conference (which includes a review of the union's rules) will take place at the Floral Hall, Devonshire Park Centre, Eastbourne on Saturday 17 May.
(Some divisional conferences are scheduled to take place at the same venue on Sunday 18 May).
Attached to this page for download by BECTU members is:
Conference Document 1 which provides a comprehensive overview of arrangements for the 2014 event together with the forms reps should use to:
propose a rule change (deadline 12 noon, 5 February 2014)propose a policy proposition (deadline 12 noon, 5 February 2014)
nominate a trustee (deadline 12 noon, 19 March 2014)
nominate to the appeals committee (deadline 12 noon, 19 March 2014)
nominate to the standing orders committee (deadline 12 noon, 19 March 2014).
All conference documents are sent by post to branch secretaries; reps can also log in to the website to access the documents here which will be updated as the timetable progresses.
For reference, the union's rules can be viewed here.
Key dates in the run up to conference 2014:
- Wednesday 8 January 2014: Conference Document 2 with branch membership numbers and delegate nomination forms, (including preferences for workshop sessions at conference)
- Wednesday 5 February 2014: Closing date for receipt of rule changes & policy propositions, by 12 noon
- Monday 10 February 2014: Conference Document 3 contains proposed rule changes, propositions, and the NEC’s preliminary annual report for branch consideration and forms for amendments.
- Wednesday 19 March 2014: Closing date for receipt of amendments to proposed rule changes and propositions, and for submitting nominations to the Standing Orders Committee, Appeals Committee and Trustees for 2014-2015, by 12 noon
- Wednesday 9 April 2014: Closing date for branches to notify details of their delegates in order to ensure accommodation and travel arrangements (note this deadline is a hotel accommodation requirement)
- Wednesday 23 April 2014: Printed conference Agenda sent to notified delegates and to branches
- Saturday 17 May 2014: Rules Revision and Annual Conference Eastbourne
All enquiries about conference arrangements should be sent to Tracey Hunt, administrative officer email@example.com
Last page update 12 November 2013.